Non-destructive testing refers to all methods for detecting and evaluating flaws in materials to guarantee safe operation and plant life. Flaws such as cracks or inclusions in welds can result in loss of strength and failure in service and so NDT is used for in-service inspection and condition monitoring of operating plant. NDT is also used in measuring physical properties of materials such as hardness or internal stress.
Non-destructive testing has the beneficial attribute of having no damaging effect on the material under test. Our non-destructive testing methods include the following:
- Ultrasonic Inspection
- All types of weld configuration in plate, pipe, castings, forgings etc.
- Material testing bar, pipe, plates, billets etc
- X – Ray techniques for any welds or components up to a thickness of 60mm.
- Visual Inspection
- Crack Detection
- Magnetic particle inspection – on site or in house
- Dye Penetrant Inspection
- On-site or in-house.
- Hardness Surveys
- Using approved types of portable equipment.
- Positive Material Identification.
In house or on site XRF or OES methods available.
- Ultrasonic Thickness Testing
- Ferrite Determination
- PAUT using TOFD,
- Eddy Current testing,.
We offer consultancy services on relevant NDT processes for all construction work.
In addition, we employ rope access techniques in carrying out NDT in difficult to reach areas, particularly offshore facilities, in line with IRATA principles and guidelines.